Moving on from blending letters to making words is an exciting development in learning how to read. Here are some printable phonic activities to help your child learn while having fun!
- Initial Blend Dominoes: This is a great game to revise initial blends. Suitable for those who know their blends, but just need a little extra practice. Wonderful graphics and a simple dominoe type game make it a very effective phonics game.
- Initial Blend Flash Cards
- I Spy Blends This is a lovely game for two players based on the I Spy Books. Each player hunts for pictures that begin with the blends called out. Very exciting!
- Consonant Clusters & Digraphs
Instant Downloads @ A to Z’s Store:
- Learning About Blends and Digraphs Charts (Full-Color and Black and White)From the Teacher eBooks NOW STORE. Includes:
Student-Sized Blends &, Digraphs Charts
Two sizes: 8.5″ x 11″ and 4.25″ x 5.5″ Student-sized charts can be used for small group instruction, or as a student reference tool.
Poster-Sized Chart Pages
Assemble to create a poster board sized chart (22″ x 28″). The poster-sized chart can be used for whole group instruction, or as a reference tool to display in the classroom.
- Initial Blend BINGO: Game for making words using initial blends by Jane Buckley, A to Z Phonics FounderFrom the Teacher eBooks NOW STORE. Excellent game for parents and teachers!
- Includes 4 large printable BINGO cards
- Includes 24 printable initial blend tiles:
br, pl, spl, fr, cr, gr, bl, squ, sw, tr, sp, str, pr, spr, cl, fl, sl, gl, sm, qu, sn, sk, st, dr
- Different words are made each time you play this game
- Just print, cut apart, and use!
- Blend Dominoes Game or Learning Center by Jane Buckley, A to Z Phonics FounderFrom the Teacher eBooks NOW STORE. Phonic Blends Endings Used: ib, oy, ot, at, an, id, it, ut, ip, ad, am, ap, ug, ag, en, od, um, et, ay, im, in, ud, ab, ob, ar, ig, ub, op, ed, og.Makes 49 large dominoes. Size: 7.5 cm x 6.5 cm (approx.)
Print dominoes on tagboard and laminate for durability.
- Ending Blend Bingo Game or Learning Center by Jane Buckley, A to Z Phonics FounderFrom the Teacher eBooks NOW STORE. Makes 4 large bingo cards. Different words are made each time you play this game, which make it interesting and actually more difficult than it looks!
- Many More Printable Phonics Workbooks & Resources